Ahem… Say WHAT?
Posted: 08 September 2011 07:51 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  240
Joined  2005-09-15

Ahoy Crew Members!

Hope all is well and Labor Day provided no excess labor. Never understood why they call it Labor Day when the whole point is to AVOID work. It’s like calling Memorial Day Forget IT ALL Day or Thanksgiving Ticked off Day. They should name Holidays so that they make more sense. Heretofore, New Years Eve should be Drink Like A Fish Day, as should Cinco De Mayo and St. Patrick’s Day for that matter, and President’s Day (here in the ol’ U.S.A.) should be Celebrate The Slimy Two Faced Liars Day… You should be able to promise anything you want on that day, only if you intend to never honor it.

Speaking of Slimy Two Faced Liars Day, Obama is at it in the background on my TV right now. He must’ve said ‘You must pass this Bill immediately!’ like ten times already. Sounds worse than a used car salesman. ‘Sign right here, don’t read it, NO-NO-NO, I SWEAR there’s nothing in there you could object to. We’ll put money in your pocket, we won’t TAKE it, not at all…’

Whatever. I’m so sick and bored with it, it’s not even funny. He and so many others like him are why we’re where we’re at. He was going to end the war… ANNHHHHH… Not so much. You lose, please try again. Fix the economy. ANNHHHHH… Not so much. You lose, please try again. Bring resolute change and fix America and the world! ANNHHHHH… Not so much. You lose, please try again. Actually, please don’t try again. Sick of the lies.

In this new rant/Presidential Speech, he’s going to: Fix the economy without hurting other economies, bring in new jobs without entering the private sector, importing, exporting, or changing anything, decrease troops abroad while increasing active troops, end the war on terror while making America safe, making sure troops have work but not guns on foreign soil, increase benefits while decreasing taxes while bringing in more money while raising taxes, but only on people who want taxes as he eliminates all taxes from mankind permanently, he’s converting to Christianity, Muslim, Judaism, and the Tiki Tiki wasabe cult (as they have .000000000000000000000000000000000001 percent of the vote in Danville, Virginia, population 37,412), and he promises free pancakes for everyone each and every sixth Monday of the month for those who like pancakes, though he by no means in no way shape or form means any insult to those who enjoy crepes or flapjacks, and promises that he will have the Star Wars saga re-made so Darth Vader is a good guy who just likes flashy space ships, there will be no plot line or story line, the Jedi will simply be happy and content and perform cool lightsaber tricks for no reason whatsoever, and Jar-Jar will be completely eliminated from the story line. I’m for the Jar-Jar elimination stuff, but the rest of it is hollow politico BS he and so many others have shoveled for years, so much so, we’re all numb. So they win.

But this is not a political speech by any means, he swears it, NOOOOOOO, not at all. He’s not saying all this crap RIGHT now as we enter election season because its what people want to hear, though it’s all a lie, simply because he wants to be re-elected. Nope, he woke up last week after a few years in office and JUST now realized, ‘hey, wait, the economy sucks, people are out of work, we’ve robbed them blind and they have no money left and nothing works and no one can afford food or gas. Damn. I better make a speech so all this crap is fixed right away!’

Blow hard.

Okay.

Enough political cripe, onto Litmock stuff. Thanks for all the well wishing for myself and Star on the new Baby, seriously, we appreciate it. We are still running the new contest, have a few people close but no winners. Here are the parameters:

Whoever posts the next 10 posts and has 250 Brain Points will win $50, 7 posts and 200 Brain Points wins $25, and the next 2 people to send me a print screen proving they gained 150 brain points win $12.50 apiece. I posted an example of how to show me your points here. SO let’s get to it. Win some dough!

On an excellent side note, Sonja Herbert (our own frauherbert) has received a publishing contract on a book idea she once posted here. The publishing house is called Cedar Fort in Utah. There is no publication date as of yet and it only has a working title (Cross and Carnival) right now, but we’ll keep you all posted so anyone from Litmocracry can buy a copy when it’s available. I know I will. I’m looking forward to it. If anyone else has news of their prodigious literary efforts, lemme’ know and I’ll pimp it. More news later this week.

Until then, Thank God For Football,

Don

Posted: 09 September 2011 03:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2007-04-12

Your post reminds me of the guy who spilled oil all over his house, set fire to it, then complained because the firemen couldn’t save it.

Posted: 09 September 2011 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-15

Wouldn’t complain because I set fire to it, I’d just burn another useless house down housing other useless life forms. Where do you live? I have a match.

Posted: 09 September 2011 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-12

Do you consider yourself a useless life form?

Posted: 09 September 2011 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-15

Nope, just a useless house. Address?

Posted: 09 September 2011 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-15

My suggestion isn’t that people are useless, simply that they are clouded by a ‘house’ that they believe protects them, when it doesn’t, it simply imprisons them. If we burn the house down, as they say, then we can build a more representative government not inclined to keep power for the sake of power, but to actually fix more pertinent problems, like the raging fire and the lack of houses. A government should be of the people and for the people, not over and above it.

Posted: 11 September 2011 06:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-12

I don’t think we are on the same wavelength. smile  When I used the word “house”, I was referring to your country. It is now in a pretty bad economic position, but I don’t believe (like you seem to do) that Obama is to blame for all of this - it is the ones who were in power before him who made the big mess. Obama is simply the fireman who can’t succeed to stop the fire. I agree with your statement: A government should be of the people and for the people, not over and above it.  You ARE a democracy, so your government is effectively “of the people”. “Over an above”, you have the lobbies, who are not necessarily “for the people” but are most certainly “above”. Same thing in many other places, since money is power.

Posted: 11 September 2011 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-15

Yes, there was confusion over “house” in the reference. I believe we agree, I refer to house as a government that is so twisted from its construction 234 years ago it’s not funny. The forefathers had some great ideas and the foundation of this country is a great one, but we are not a democracy as so many say and believe, we are a Republic, just like ancient Rome, and more like an Empire than ever. A President, the leader of this country, can and has taken office despite losing the popular vote, and he has more power than the forefathers ever envisioned. They’d be aghast at the consolidation of power we have today, especially into an office that is elected by the government, not truly by the people. They also didn’t envision lobbyists, special interests, and advertising taking such an important part in the process of choosing government officials. Politics has ruined this country. Also, I don’t think we need help to put out the fire that is consuming this economy. I, like Dave, believe fiat currency and the great lie to be at the root of the problem. We’d both love to see the dollar fall so we can get to a meaningful exchange of services and products sans the overwhelming taxes that fund the wars, invasions, Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac and that feed the lobbyist and special interests, etc. I do like your analogy now that I get what you’re saying though, and completely agree with your point.

Posted: 11 September 2011 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-12

“We’d both love to see the dollar fall”
It’s low enough as is! If you travel to Europe, you will only get a bit over 70 cents for it. Doesn’t mean Europe is in better shape though, and by far.  One would think that American products would be 30% cheaper here in Europe now that the dollar is so low, right?  But that’s not how it works out!  The consumer always pays the same or more for the product - the big companies exporting their stuff simply make more profit. Now if this extra profit at least served their home country a bit, it wouldn’t be so bad. But what do these companies do? They relocate wherever they can find modern slaves to make their products for almost nothing. Soon too many Americans are out of jobs with this deal. I am saying “Americans”, but it’s the same story here in Europe: the rich are getting richer, the poor poorer, and the middle-class is paying all the taxes so that the poorer than they don’t die all over the streets.

Posted: 11 September 2011 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  639
Joined  2005-08-30

Well, Don is right that I’d like to see the dollar fall.  But when I say “fall” I mean I’d like to see the majority of the world recognize that the difference between a ten dollar bill and a one dollar bill is entirely based on a perception that has and will continue to ruin us.  And the 100 and 1000 dollar bills too.  People should be using a medium of exchange that has value regardless of what claims (congress’ right to lay and collect taxes) and laws (legal tender) governments make.

I see a wide spectrum ranging from people who work only because they want rewards to people who work in order to avoid punishment.  Slavery comes in degrees.  I suspect that where you see “modern slaves”, there are a lot of poor people who need income so badly that they are willing to work for a very low wage.  Seems kind of disingenuous to call them slaves when they compete with each other to get the jobs.  But perhaps you’re talking about some countries where the government forces prisoners to work for foreign companies?  Or a country where slavery is legal and multinational corporations own slaves there?  I don’t think that exists, but if it does, let’s hear about it;  We have some boycotting to do!

One of the root causes I see is that people are not willing to start out small.  Work for $1 per hour and prove you’re good for $2/hr, $5/hr, whatever.  Climb up the ranks.  Why don’t people do that?  Hmm.  I suppose minimum wage laws could be part of the problem.