A Good Hello…
Posted: 13 December 2006 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2006-12-13

Hello to Everyone!

I chose the little penguin in the bubble because, yeah, that’s me. Wide-eyed and in my own world, apparently. Let’s see… I’m twenty-five. Writing all my life. Threw out a bunch of stuff halfway and started again. I was in the Coast Guard for a few years. I served as an Electronics Technician, although I’ve always been into the arts (vague, I know. Specifically music, drawing, painting, writing). Got out. Hard times. And now, all of sudden, on my last leg, I’m finding all of these positive people. To think I had to go online for that! A shame… But I feel great that I’ve finally been able to share artistically with others and also be able to share in their artistic expression. It’s been wonderful. I don’t regret a minute.

I’ve been bouncing around several sites, and Flute told me about this one so…blame her.

Signature 

“Why not…” smile

Posted: 13 December 2006 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  286
Joined  2006-07-29

Blame her? I think we’d rather give her a cheer…:)

I am also part of the ‘vague’ tribe - painting, drawing, music, writing, acting…as are many other fellow members. Have a look at the photo and drawing galleries, they’re full of wonderful posts. And of course, there’s the writing…

Enjoy, and I’m looking forward to reading - or admiring- your submissions.

Signature 

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Editing your stuff: Because an apostrophe is often all that stands between writers who know their shit and writers who know they’re shit.

Posted: 14 December 2006 12:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-12-13

...If you say so. wink

Thank you for the very kind welcome, StarLizard… I need a little help. Where do I post to short stories or novel treatments, etc.? ... I can’t tell from inside of my bubble. My link says that I can only post to the suggestion box.

Thanks again.

Signature 

“Why not…” smile

Posted: 14 December 2006 12:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-29

In his latest Newsletter, Dave mentioned that the posting requirements were about to change - I guess this has now happened. Here is the section of the Newsletter explaining this:

Posting Requirements
Cyber is working on another version of the header that should make it a lot easier to get to where you want to go on the site. In this new header, the posting link will explain some new posting requirements in preparation for the onslaught of great writers which I’ve seen on the horizon. Those who vote regularly will never see these rules because they’re only presented when they’re stopping you from posting, so here’s the skinny:

There are two requirements to posting
1You must earn at least 5 Brain Points in the category to which you wish to post
2Since your last postacross all categoriesone of the following must happen
---- 
AYou earn at least 15 Brain Points
---- 
BOther members earn at least 45 Brain Points

After filling these requirements, links will appear for categories to which you can post.

You can read all about changes to the site by visiting the Newsletters forum at the following link: http://www.litmocracy.com/forums/viewforum/18/

Signature 

Editing your stuff: Because an apostrophe is often all that stands between writers who know their shit and writers who know they’re shit.

Posted: 14 December 2006 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  639
Joined  2005-08-30

Only requirement 1 is there right now, and you only need to earn one brain point.  So how do you do that?  Hmm….

You figure out how you do it!  Sorry.  I’m a sucker for self-reference.

If you visit a category from the Table Of Contents at the top (and you are logged in), you will be presented with two submissions in that category.  You pick the one you like best, and that earns you a Brain Point.  It also helps keep up the quality of submissions and makes it easy for us to pick the best liked material for the magazine.

Good question though - it will go in the Help section too.

Posted: 14 December 2006 11:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-12-13

And I don’t like to ask questions I don’t already know the answer to.

Yes, I had several brain points before posting my introduction. I did research the site. Simply, my post link only allowed me to post to the suggestion box. Now, I see more options have opened up. Thanks.

Signature 

“Why not…” smile

Posted: 15 December 2006 12:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-29
Van der Riese - 15 December 2006 03:42 AM

Yes, I had several brain points before posting my introduction. I did research the site. Simply, my post link only allowed me to post to the suggestion box. Now, I see more options have opened up. Thanks.

Then there’s only one explanation…someone let the brain points monster loose   vampire

Signature 

‹‹ By way of introduction      ’ello ››