Ahem… Riding the dusty trails with Steve Hockensmith… oh, zombies, weird Xmas tales and such…
Posted: 24 August 2012 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  240
Joined  2005-09-15

Ola,

To all of our Mayan friends out there, and hello to the rest of you, you know who you are. Hmm… wait, there are no Mayan friends out there anymore are there, so I guess tu heel k’iin (goodbye) is a bit more appropriate, especially since they’ve told us that the end of the world is upon us.

Well, that being the case, at least I won’t have to figure out that pesky Facebook timeline thing, which is far too annoying. Guess I can stop paying my bills too. Oops, too late, already did that. Maybe the world isn’t coming to an end, but the economy has already given up and died. If the world does come to an end, however, the least it could do is spare us election season. I mean, what’s the point of an apocalypse if it comes 6 weeks AFTER the polls close. That’s like a bank that loans you money after you win the lotto or a Jehovah’s Witness coming to your door before you buy the trained Rottweiler.

Speaking of elections (see what I did there) we recently had an interesting interview with Steve Hockensmith, a fantastic award winning author, who has just released his new book, Cadaver In Chief. No, it’s not a non-fiction biography of Obama or Bush, it’s an extremely entertaining tale about what happens come election season AFTER the zombie apocalypse falls upon us. For those of you who know, Mr. Hockensmith (Steve, not his dad) is the award winning author of the Holmes on the Range series, among other excellent books. For those of you who don’t, shame on you. You can read more about him here. I strongly suggest that you read Cadaver In Chief, what’s $2.99 for some serious entertainment? That’s only like a nickel a day at the pace I read, you can’t beat that.

Also, on the home front, you can still help out with the Kickstarter project for Down for the Count and the litmock publishing arm, or you can just buy a copy here. You can also borrow it with Amazon Prime. Either way, it helps.

S’anyway, the website refurbishing is done and we’re still looking to expand. As always, any help or suggestions can be posted in the workshop. We’re running a $10 contest for the 2 best posts added by September 15th, too, winners announced shortly thereafter. Until next time,

Sayonara!