Andrew
Posted: 06 September 2006 05:55 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2006-08-21

Hi,

So, I’m Andrew.  I’m 26 years old and live just south of London, England.  I’ve just finished a PhD in chemical physics and right now I’m kicking around waiting for someone to offer me a real job (or at least an interview…).

I started dabbling with the idea of writing when I was about 20.  Of course, at the time I figured I’d just write a novel straight off.  I tried that twice and, equally of course, neither got far.  I’d say I’ve been writing semi-seriously for a couple of years, concentrating on short stories to develop some kind of proficiency for what I’m trying to achieve (I hope). 

So, yeah, that’s it.  Any questions?  Nup, thought not…

A.

Posted: 07 September 2006 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2005-09-14

Hi Andrew! Glad you’ve joined us. smile

I’m always suprised when I see someone with a technical or science background who is also into the creative writing aspects. For many years, I always figured that people tended to be one or another. It’s really cool to see my biases get blown.

Posted: 07 September 2006 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  635
Joined  2005-08-30

Hear Hear!

Posted: 08 September 2006 08:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2006-08-21

Yeah, I have computer algorithms that write my stories for me.  Don’t blame me, blame the code.

Posted: 20 November 2006 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2006-11-20

Hello Andrew. I’m not astonished at all. I know several great piano players and Cello players,who are also mathematic teachers…

Signature 

“Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.”
- Victor Hugo

Posted: 08 February 2007 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  343
Joined  2006-12-13

I thought music WAS mathematics.  Applied, like.

‹‹ Julia MacLeod      StarLizard ››