Posted: 06 September 2006 06:01 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2006-08-21

“The Solo” is a short story about a guy playing someone else’s solo.  It’s kinda throwaway in parts, but I hope you like it all the same.

Posted: 06 September 2006 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2006-08-24

I enjoyed this piece.  The emotions, pain and frustrations seemed real.  One thing I didn’t like was the use of the word “nadir”.  I had to look it up, whereas the rest of the piece was written in an informal way with a good deal of slang.  It could be a UK/US thing, but I don’t recall ever hearing that word before.

Posted: 06 September 2006 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-08-21

Hi Julia.
Thanks for that!  I’d love to comment on your poetry, but I don’t really “get” poetry.  I think I’m just a bit too thick, being a scientist at heart.  I may try in a bit…
Nadir.  Yep, I’ll have a look at that.  People are always picking me up on using my favourite words in my stories!  And I didn’t even use diaphanous here.
Thanks again,
Andrew.

Posted: 06 September 2006 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2006-08-24

Oooh, diaphanous would be an excellent poem-word.  Very frilly! wink

Posted: 06 September 2006 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-08-21

Hey, that’s my word.

Posted: 07 September 2006 10:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  639
Joined  2005-08-30

If you want, you can make a link appear at the bottom of ‘The Solo’ that will say “Discuss (#)”, and it will point back to this discussion.  This will also turn the title of this topic into a link that goes back to ‘The Solo’.  Here’s how to do it:

In the URL of this page, it indicates that you’re viewing thread 15.  Remember the 15.
Go to your control panel and select the EDIT tab
Click “The Solo” to go to the publish page.  You can edit anything you post by doing this to it.
Click the FORUM tab in the publish page.
Enter the 15 into the box that says “Forum Topic ID” and click submit.

That’s it.  If you don’t see “Discuss(#)” show up at the bottom of your piece, or the title of this topic doesn’t turn into a link, please let me know.

Thanks!

Posted: 08 September 2006 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-08-21

Ah, got it.
Thanks, Dave.
A.

‹‹ Moonlight Dance      Reflection ››