Posted: 08 December 2007 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2007-11-29

Did you like the protagonist?
What was most memorable?

(Click the post title to read the submission.)

Posted: 08 December 2007 11:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  639
Joined  2005-08-30

Excuse me while I humor myself by answering my software’s questions:

I kind of liked the protagonist.  I would have liked the protagonist more if he had been more simpleminded (grooving, for example, on the cavernousness of the club, thereby satirizing the simplemindedness to which clubs often pander), or less simple-minded.  I guess he wasn’t unique enough for me.

Most memorable was the size of the club.  Well, the fact of it’s main attraction - the number of people it lets in - is of course memorable, but I figured I’d pick a detail.

I read the author’s comic strip at his (her?) webpage and liked the social commentary (on the fact that creatures of the planet live and cooperate with each other but also eat each other).  If a similar umm… let me call it “blunt boldness about the nature of life” is in the stories posted, I’m missing it.

You writewell and make me laugh, so thanks!

Dave.

Posted: 08 December 2007 11:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2007-11-29

Yes, I am a her. I wrote this piece for a New York humor magazine which accepted it and then promptly went out of business before publishing it.
The strip you refer to must be “Larry the Dinosaur,” which I submitted to comics syndicates and other places for a few years, without much success. It was actually accepted once, by a newspaper that was starting up in Chicago. It went out of business after one issue.
The planet on which Larry and his friends live is called Earth by it’s current mammalian inhabitants. I don’t think dinosaurs knew they lived on a planet, so they probably didn’t have a name for it.
So far the pieces I have submitted to Litmocracy are from my archives, things I wrote but which weren’t published. after I use those up I will writethings are more current and topical.
Thanks for your comments, I will do my best to keep making you laugh.

Posted: 15 February 2008 12:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  343
Joined  2006-12-13

Dunno, I’m only half-way through but hav laffed out loud thrice and must let you know that.  Only first impression.  Not done reading.  Ha ha!

Posted: 15 February 2008 12:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-13

Done.  Ho ho ho.  I suppose it might be a bit long.  Things usually are.  It made me laugh and so I don’t really have any judgement.

Posted: 15 February 2008 12:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-13

No in fact I don’t think it’s too long.  (Checked again.)

It’s fine.  Ha ha!

‹‹ Action Theory      Reflection ››