Hello.  I’m Rosemary but my pen name is Charlie Britten.
Posted: 20 February 2009 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2008-12-31

I’m new here and I’ve spent the last half hour getting used to the voting system.  I belong to other writing sites, but this one is, quite clearly, a bit different.

I’m English and I’m a college lecturer, in IT.

I write.  I write as I breathe.  The writing that gives me most satisfaction is writing novels.  I’m trying to write one at the moment but other things get in the way.  I also do short stories and I’ve recently started subbing like mad, mostly to internet magazines and womags.  I’m a very matter of fact, down to earth writer.  If you want to liken my writing to any published author’s, it would probably be Carol Shields.  I’ve written a lot about teenagers.  Teenagers appear to be my default mode, possibly because I’ve had two and because I teach them.  Also, a lot of my stories are set in a specific historical period, the 7/7 July bombings for instance. 

I don’t read much, regretably… because I spend all my time working or writing.

Rosemary

Posted: 25 March 2009 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  635
Joined  2005-08-30

Don’t read much, eh?  :-(

Everyone wants you to read their stuff.  It’s part of why Litmocracy is different.  We hope to change your mind wink

Have you figured out the two different ways to vote?

Dave.

Posted: 25 March 2009 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2008-12-31

Have I figured out the 2 different ways to vote?  No, I’m afraid not.

And, yes, I should read more.

Rosemary

Posted: 25 March 2009 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  635
Joined  2005-08-30

I just added this post to explain them.  Any questions you have will help me improve the description. 

Thanks!

‹‹ Here I am!      Dan Fearnley ››