Today, right now…
Posted: 22 April 2011 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  240
Joined  2005-09-15

Watching Reservoir Dogs now. Is like watching Van Gogh chop his own ear off, and not so symbolically either. A cop who lies his way into a gang robbing a bank protecting the US government’s citizens money, but not so much that the beat cop doesn’t get his ear whacked off, only so the US citizens can be robbed by the IRS. Mr. Pink. Mr. Orange. Mr. Red white-n-blue. A thief is a thief.

Meh.

It is ironic to me that we buy the old saying “it takes a village to raise a child.”

It takes two loving parents and family, whoever they might be. It takes a village to screw up a child. A child in a warm home is fine. A child molested by a teacher or a preacher is ruined for life, or who is witness to disgusting violence or war, for whatever reason. Introduced to a village and it’s horrors, a child becomes a therapy needy disease that will spread the horrors it witnesses and endures for years to come. The child will become an alcoholic, a drug addict, a sex addict, whatever… The child will become a thing created by too many outside influences not good for it. It will become an it.

I don’t want my community raising my child. I don’t know them and they don’t necessarily love my child. What is that? Relying on those with no interest to raise your children and teach them values? It’s simply laziness. I am saddened that Oprah and MTV and TMZ are raising too many kids. We, individuals, I, need to take responsibility for my kids. Teach them. Train them. love them. Not expect everyone else to treat them the way we should and then we pay into a collective to make sure it’s kosher.

Coaching my kid’s little league game, making sure he gets cleats, making sure my daughter gets a good birthday, Little Bear when she needs it, or a simple hug. That’s not the village’s job, it’s mine, and those close to me.

For too long the burden and blame has been put on society. And so society has been taxed. Wake up people. Do your part. No one feels guilty when they fail. They feel guilty when they don’t really try and they know they should.

Onto Litmock stuff, and btw, anybody wants to debate me, step up, here I am. I state my point of view, and this is your forum to state yours. Anyway, the first 10 people to send us addresses to send them will get 10 free issues of Literal Translations. The hint for the $20 prize is to find a large aquatic creature post and simply comment the words: I just won $20 for reading literature.

Sayonara,

That’s what us individualist Kamikaze’s say, anywho.