Friday, November 03, 2006

autumn regrets

Category: Issue 4, Poetry/Lyrics Winners

its been calm for far too long,
now i spend all my time looking
out the window, hoping for a storm.

one that winds its winds through hearts
and pours its rain onto pasts, freeing
regrets and lighting forgotten silhouettes.

i know that you’re trying to forget,
but i can’t help but remember November.
when we watched the leaves leave the trees
above us and dance down toward us.

you’ve changed so much since then
and i haven’t changed at all.
remember when i could make you laugh
and you could still laugh?

the whole world breathes with you
and the whole world just leaves me.
even if we were the last two
you probably wouldn’t,
you probably wouldn’t,
but i would.

Back to Voting

• wistful, woeful, regretful. No joy in the passing of seasons, no flare of nostrils at the smell of snow in the clouds? I was left feeling as though there’s more to be said, explaining why a rift of leaves has come between you, but perhaps that’s best left up to our imagination, which may have been your intent. Chin up, pencil down. Carry on

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/11  at  01:52 PM
  • Now that I have an assumption about what is separating the narrator from the addressed, I like this poem a lot more.  It was a mystery to me for a long time and even though I can’t lay it to rest completely, I feel satisfied with my conclusion.  I am appropriately sad grin.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/25  at  02:59 PM
  • A good marketing strategy is the key to success. Thank You wink.

Posted by astonsimon  on  12/30  at  04:31 AM
  • After the SEO process has taken place, there is very little extra money to spend on the maintaining the positions, and the opportunity for free traffic is far more cost effective. Thanks smile

Posted by alienhickson  on  01/03  at  02:52 PM
  • Cool content! I really love your thoughts and I should follow the awesome tips. Thanks!

Posted by SEO Services Company  on  02/22  at  08:52 AM
  • Great poem Autumn is my favorite season my daughter and I were outside and she was riding her balance bike through the leave piles.

Posted by gaddfanjmg  on  04/09  at  01:05 PM
  • It’s a shame but I think poetry is a dying art. I wish kids would put down the video games and do something more creative that’s why childhood obesity in America is such a big problem too many lazy kids.

Posted by Childhood Obesity in America  on  04/09  at  01:16 PM
  • A well marketing strategy is the key to success. I really love your thoughts and I should follow the awesome tips. Thanks!

Posted by De Prience  on  05/09  at  08:22 AM
  • Grrrr… A nice poem and you have to try and shill SEO services. I’m coming to all your crappy websites and posting short stories and lyrics there.

Posted by deminizer  on  05/19  at  03:50 PM