Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Bad Hire

Category: Short Story
Please Register or Login to check out Bad Hire Back to Voting

• TYPO!!!
    “George think Dan knew as well as George did that there wasn’t much to do…”

This is hilarious and sounds as though it might be TRUE!

• Thanks for catching that, and the same problem a couple lines down.

I don’t know if there’s a way to edit a story once it’s been posted; if there is, please tell me, and I’ll fix it.  Again, many, many thanks for the help.

Glad you think it’s funny.  It is, shall we say, true in a sense.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/22  at  05:31 PM
  • Never mind, I found out how to edit it and fixed several typos and reference problems.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/22  at  05:54 PM
  • YAY!  Literal Translations looks better in the long run if it is PERFECTLY edited prior to press.  (For which reason, Dave, ahem, I would just like to submit MYSELF, who hav only made two errors in posting today, for the potion of Head Proofreader.  Resume fort coming.)

(Five, and counting!)(?)

• I noticed a few “George think” that were not fixed.  I didn’t look closely enough to see if they were the same ones.

I also noticed an instance of “both of us” that should be “both of them”.  Transitioned from first-person, eh?  Did you change the names to protect the innocent?

This made me laugh out loud a few times and it was easy to read.  Good job!

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/22  at  09:48 PM
  • So can I have a (free) job now?
    she axed, imppattiently.

• I think we are liking the story….

• Well, I thought I had fixed them, but maybe I didn’t know how to save the text after I’d edited it.  Do you have to hit “quick save” before you hit “update”?  I tried again this morning, and I think it’s fixed.  Thanks again for pointing these out.

Thanks as well for your kind comments.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/23  at  12:43 PM