Saturday, January 07, 2012

Face

Category: Poetry/Lyrics

A double helix of hair
dangles like a challenge - a puzzle
to be delicately
          untangled.
An upper lip stole the shape
of a seagull in flight -
pointed and playful.
Two blueberry eyes
ripen in pools of cigarette ash;
in shadows of soft heat.

Back to Voting

• Fantastic imagery and style Cora. Very impressed with your poetry. Blueberry eyes in a pool of cigarette ash. Certain cure for a hangover!

Posted by deminizer  on  01/07  at  03:01 PM
  • Thanks dude smile

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/08  at  07:22 AM
  • I always feel odd about commenting on poetry, don’t know %#@$! about it. I do know what I like, and like this particular peice. I wasn’t sure about the “cigarette ash” but like I said, WTF do I know about poetry! The description of lips, lovely stuff lady!

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/10  at  11:53 AM
  • Thanks. Personally I like the cigarette ash bit, but I guess it might be out of place compared to all the other imagery, which is all nature-based and less icky!

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/11  at  02:57 PM
  • I enjoyed this piece. Excellent imagery and a fine mini-vignette of a personal comparison.

Posted by Chalice_Divine  on  01/30  at  11:43 PM
  • This is my humble opinion: I don’t really know anything about poetry ‘rules’, as I don’t really care about them and do not apply them either in writing or reading. I treat poetry and most pieces of writing the way I treat art. I either like it, dislike it or not care one way or the other, regardless of so called ‘pre-established’ form. What makes me like or dislike something may or may not have to do with grammar and rhyming and shape and other stuff depending on the piece and my mood, I guess. This being said, I enjoyed this piece. It’s short, it flows, and it provides beautiful images that do not force themselves upon me, but rather present themselves like a well executed short movie. Well done!

Posted by StarLizard  on  05/02  at  11:06 PM