Wednesday, November 21, 2007

ghost girl’s story

Category: Poetry/Lyrics
Please Register or Login to check out ghost girl’s story Back to Voting

• My youngest daughter has expressed to me a concern of hers on more than one occasion.  She’s five.

Her concern is that she is cursed.  She holds this theory to explain some of her behavior.  Sometimes when we speak to her sternly for doing a foolish thing, she speaks back defiantly, and our response is the typical parental tirade that makes 5 year olds scream and cry on their way to their room where they are banished.

An hour or so after such an episode, she sometimes speaks quietly to me of her concern that she is cursed.  I have explained several times that I, too, make these errors in judgment - I become shortsighted or impatient somehow, and I behave foolishly too.  Everybody makes mistakes.  The trick, I tell her, is to remember the mistake and avoid it next time.

Sometimes she is happy and comfortable and I catch her and ask, “Are you happy right now?”  “Yes!” “Good!  Remember it.  Someday when you feel like life is pointless, if you can remember how you feel right now, you’ll realize that this feeling comes back, and it could save your life.”

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/22  at  08:50 PM
  • hey hey dave

im not too sure what you are trying to tell me here but it is of concern if your daughter thinks shes cursed.you could try take her somewhere holy as if she was cursed she wouldnt be able to go in .Well that is just what i’ve heard of trying though at fifteen i am bright but im not all sure on how to handel this sorry

XxLydiaxX

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/23  at  04:09 AM
  • I remember the last lines of a poem I wrote when I was fifteen.  It went…

“And I am as you see me
    Obnoxious and unruly
    A trial and burden to you all,
    With love and kisses,
    Julie”

Dave, if your daughter thinks she is “cursed”, she has been reading too much.  Stop this literacy thing at once and get her some videos.

• i love that paragraph and many of mine are like that and i sgree with you it may be she is reading things that are way above her age limit get her to relax and watch dvd’s like finding nemo lol

XxLydzxX

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/24  at  07:48 AM
  • She keeps picking up my copy of Crime and Punishment.  It seems no matter where you hide things these days, the kids are always able to find them.  And someone keeps reading the Original Sin story to her.  Oh how I long for the olden days when they kept the Bible chained to the podium at church and literacy was hard to come by…

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/24  at  11:14 PM
  • well i would suggest you find somewhere or get something like a safe box with combination and keep unsuitable contents in there

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/25  at  07:53 AM
  • It’s possible (although not probable) that I’m speechless, for once!  LOL

• No, seriously, LOL!!!

Get her to try George Orwell.

• Actually “Finding Nemo” is pretty good too…”

OK I’ll stop.

Still LOL

• By the way, here’s the part that I
    REALLY REALLY REALLY like… it’s just the first bit…

You walk through me ,
    And then you shiver .
    Even i shiver,
    I’ve not got used to this feeling.

... Because I was imagining the walking through and the shivering and it was spooky.

It caught our attention.
    I think you are a good writer with a good sense of humour, based on this ridiculous series of posts.

As for Dave, well.  wink