Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Purge

Category: Poetry/Lyrics
Please Register or Login to check out Purge Back to Voting

• Kind of hard to stick the horror in a little bottle once you let it out, huh?... Loved the first line “Visions of horror bouncing around my brain…” & isn’t it so much better to write about overwhelming feelings of anger than acting on them?

Posted by deminizer  on  11/01  at  01:08 PM
  • This reminds me of something I heard in an auditorium from a highschool student years and years ago called “Love and Hate are Brothers”.  The strength of the attachment we feel toward another person strongly influences the strength of the passion - whether positive or negative.

On one hand, this very nicely exposes the internal conflict.  On the other hand, it offers nothing to balance it - no explanation or possible solution or closure or… But life always provides some kind of balance - either time passes or something else happens that brings us back out of the intensity (or kills us).  I’m thinking just add the line “Then who will be living / you or me?”  Though I don’t know if that would have satisfied me if it was there in the first place.

Anyway, just my opinions grin.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/01  at  01:18 PM
  • This one isn’t meant to have a solution or balance or closure.  It reflects the continuous onslaught of those dark impulses that eat away at every one of us.  Really, the only solution is to purge them somehow.  Hence, this piece.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/01  at  01:51 PM
  • Really well written and very disturbing. I echo Deminizer’s comments. Much better to write it than do it. Powerful stuff.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/01  at  02:38 PM
  • ..Now with some electric guitar and drums at the back ground this can turn into a rock song many can identify with..Like you said.The dark impulses that eat away in us.True

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/02  at  04:57 AM
  • loved it.  I have felt that way before.  Get it out man

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/02  at  08:03 PM
  • This is definitely meant to be a song.  Heavily influenced by Slipknot, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, and the like.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/02  at  11:20 PM