Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Events

Category: Humor/Satire
Please Register or Login to check out The Events Back to Voting

• WOW!!!

Robin, this is Excellent.  Thanks.  And for using “myriad” correctly, I am also very thankful.  And for using cigarettes to put terrorism in perspective.  You have a beautiful mind.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/13  at  03:02 AM
  • I think I must apologise for not finding this funny.

As for using cigarettes to put “terrorism in pespective”, well, as a smoker and a writer, everyone to his own I say, but really, if I had a belt made of lit cigs, I don’t think I’d do much more than burn my bellybutton.

I just don’t see what this piece has to do in the humour/satire genre as I feel it’s just an outlet for your pain and rage due to the ‘events’ in question.

Posted by Piva  on  01/13  at  09:50 PM
  • If we can’t laugh at their attempts to terrorize us, it just means they gained that much more.

Blaming smokers for the kind of damage to the human race that the terrorists did is like blaming the scientists who invented the jet fuel that the terrorists used.  Those harming us are simply using us as tools to achieve their ends.  Granted, the intention of cigarette manufacturers toward their “victims” is much more kind and generous than was the intention of the terrorists toward their victims, but I like to judge things on their outcomes rather than their intentions.  If you feel no ill will toward those who put addictive substances into your cigarettes, then you’re kinder than I am.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/14  at  01:55 AM
  • Set aside 34 minutes and beware of cognitive dissonance…

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/14  at  08:38 PM
  • Oooh, controversy. Gotta love it. All I got on the Google link is a black screen.

Posted by Rreed423  on  01/14  at  11:21 PM
  • Ok, try the link in the newsletter.  If you didn’t get an email, check out the Newsletter Forum.  (Go To…|Forums)

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/14  at  11:34 PM
  • I think this piece is misplaced under the heading humor/satire. I have not read anything that made me laugh or grin - there were no threads leading to obscure thoughts or conclusions that make a satirical piece funny or humorous, or even a kind of bitter smirk, which is allowed in satire,of course.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  03/02  at  10:49 AM