As Mick and the boys might say…
Posted: 01 February 2007 01:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2006-12-06

Please allow me to introduce myself…

I’m Stevie B. I suffer from a desire to be creative. I do a wide range of things including writing, photography, pottery, painting, and music. I have enjoyed seeing the interaction of the writers.

I tend to write mainly poetry, usually about old lovers (who all still inspire me), nature, and the weather.

I am pleased to be a part of your community! cool smile

Posted: 02 February 2007 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  286
Joined  2006-07-29

As we are pleased to have you, Stevie B!

I agree that the desire to be creative often hurts, but I do hope you also see it as a wonderful thing.

Take some time to look around (although it seems you already have:) ) and don’t miss the Writer’s Circle forum - I’m hoping someone will submit something for discussion soon.

I am looking forward to reading your poems!

Signature 

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Editing your stuff: Because an apostrophe is often all that stands between writers who know their shit and writers who know they’re shit.

Posted: 03 February 2007 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-12-06

I would suffer far more if I were not creative. The hardest part is deciding when to work on any given interest. I devote about 2 hours a week (monday nights after 3 hours at the pottery lab) to writing. It is not the only time to write, but it is at least reserved for that purpose. I try to average 3-5 poems a week depending on the state of my life.

Nice to meet you StarLizard. I enjoyed your web page too.

Posted: 05 February 2007 12:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  635
Joined  2005-08-30

I suppose it’s obvious from the site, but I’m a software engineer by trade.  I used to write short stories because they’re fun, but I’ve become too cynical about, oh, the way the world works to just have fun like that any more.  Now, every time I try to write for fun, a lot of complaining and explanation about what’s wrong with the world comes out.  However, when I write code, good stuff comes out.  I hope someday to be able to write for fun and get my major points about life across, both at the same time.  Coding is how I support myself and my family.  What about you?

Posted: 06 February 2007 03:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-12-06

I pay the bills as an Architect. I left private practice about 10 years ago to work for City Government. More $, better hours, better benefits…sort of a no brainer. I do miss some aspects of that life, but not the hours and not seeing my family. It has released me to focus on my other art interests. I understand the feeling about your writing. I always have contended that architecture is best practiced as a hobby. The results are much better than when you have to worry about getting bread on the table every week. All my art efforts are done to satisfy myself first. It’s all about me…right? The extrovert in me likes to share. Architecture is a good teacher with regard to being able to put an idea out for criticism. The skin gets pretty tough after a while. I like the site and the format, although some of the ranking results mystify me. Keep up the good work Dave.

Posted: 03 March 2007 10:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  286
Joined  2006-07-29
Stevie B - 03 February 2007 05:13 PM

Nice to meet you StarLizard. I enjoyed your web page too.

Stevie B,

sorry I’m so late in getting back to you, just wanted to say thanks for the comments on my webpage smile I unfortunately never got around to learning how to build HTML properly, but at least the pictures work, which for now is good enough. Thanks for having a look!

Signature 

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Editing your stuff: Because an apostrophe is often all that stands between writers who know their shit and writers who know they’re shit.

‹‹ Introduction      3 sentence story? ››