Julia Colterjohn blah blah!
Posted: 13 March 2007 02:38 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  343
Joined  2006-12-13

When I was small, my mother read to me, so much and so obligingly that I didn’t really bother to try learning to read by myself until I was almost eight.  As a result of all the books she read me (she was a much better reader than I would have been on my own, left to my own devices), my interests have always included: Animals; God(s) (Greek, Christian, Inuit… whatever); Living on a Ranch; Ballet; Aliens; Firefighting; Art; and The Meaning of It All.  After high school (I could read a bit by that time) I was going to become a social worker; but here in Canada, you have to take French to do that, and I was late on the day we were supposed to sign up for our courses at college.  French was full, and in fact the only elective that wasn’t full by the time I got there was Introductory Philosophy.  Thus I discovered quite by accident that a person can actually make a living writing and thinking about the crazy things I’d always wondered about, such as how I know I’m not dreaming!  I have a BA (hons.) and two MAs in Philosophy, but got burnt out after way too many essays, ran off with a bass player, learned to play rhythm guitar, and have not finished my PhD Thesis.  And as a result of THAT, I’ve held many different jobs, some of them not that great, and some of them greater than you’d expect.  Life has been extremely interesting, so far.  I think Litmocracy is a brilliant idea, and I’m delighted to be included.

Posted: 31 March 2007 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  635
Joined  2005-08-30

How do you know you’re not dreaming?  What are BA horns?  And um… What was my other question?

Posted: 11 April 2007 09:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-13

How do I know I’m not dreaming?  It depends what you mean by “know” (I mean, DUH).  If knowledge requires absolute mathematical certainty, then I dunno I’m not dreaming.  Dang.  BA Horns are worn mainly by female Nordic BA honours graduates, on their heads, for, like, emphasis.  They are rarely worn, even at that; female Nordic BA honours graduates don’t usually feel the need for emphasis, so I’m surprised that Dave even knows about them.  (I suppose I shouldn’t be….)  What was Dave’s Other Question?  How do I happen to know about the BA Horns?  I think I dreamt them, but I’m not absolutely sure.

Posted: 17 June 2009 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-13

When I was small, my mother read to me, so much and so obligingly that I didn’t really bother to try learning to read by myself until I was almost eight.  As a result of all the books she read me (she was a much better reader than I would have been on my own, left to my own devices), my interests have always included: Animals; God(s) (Greek, Christian, Inuit… whatever); Living on a Ranch; Ballet; Aliens; Firefighting; Art; and The Meaning of It All.  After high school (I could read a bit by that time) I was going to become a social worker; but here in Canada, you have to take French to do that, and I was late on the day we were supposed to sign up for our courses at college.  French was full, and in fact the only elective that wasn’t full by the time I got there was Introductory Philosophy.  Thus I discovered quite by accident that a person can actually make a living writing and thinking about the crazy things I’d always wondered about, such as how I know I’m not dreaming!  I have a BA (hons.) and two MAs in Philosophy, but got burnt out after way too many essays, ran off with a bass player, learned to play rhythm guitar, and have not finished my PhD Thesis.  And as a result of THAT, I’ve held many different jobs, some of them not that great, and some of them greater than you’d expect.  Right now I’m teaching English and Gender Studies to Cambodians in Cambodia and scratching my sweaty head.  It’s hot here.  It’s cold where I come from (Canada).  Life has been extremely interesting, so far.  I think Litmocracy is a brilliant idea, and I’m delighted to be included.

‹‹ Hey There      KathrynLee ››