Introduction
Posted: 30 May 2007 01:23 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-05-23

My name is Lucas Abramson and I am a junior in high school. I have been writing for a few years now and it is my passion. I normally writeshort stories that begin as everyday events, but somehow turn bad/exciting/crazy. I love to writedialogue and get into the heads of my characters. I hope to be writing for a long time.

Posted: 30 May 2007 02:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  635
Joined  2005-08-30

Hi Lucas, and welcome to our website.  Aside from getting into the heads of your characters and the real people they represent, may I suggest (you’re my first victim for this suggestion, but I plan on making it a lot more) that you play with Turtle Graphics (if you can find it) or some other computer programming software - anything that lets you create a set of instructions for a machine to follow.  I have come to the conclusion that these two skills - getting into other people’s frame of mind and being able to create ‘programs’ - writecode, software, whatever you want to call it - generally cause those who have them to become better and better people.  So welcome to the club.  Where’s my green tea?

Posted: 30 May 2007 03:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  343
Joined  2006-12-13

How come you never tell ME to look for Turtle Graphics???

(Deeply wounded)

J.Hemingway Colterjohn

Posted: 30 May 2007 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-30

Wait a sec… I thought you didn’t like turtles…?  No, you love turtles.  Umm… because you already seem to have the tenacity and modicum of self-doubt that computer programming teaches.  Not that Lucas doesn’t… Well, I mean, I don’t know whether or not Lucas has those qualities, but he is still in high school.  Maybe its because I imagine you’re too busy taking care of the musical needs of likeable kids and tending to heart-attack victims in the stairwell. grin.  I always enjoy reading your posts, J.

(Deeply remorseful)

Dave.

Posted: 04 June 2007 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-13

Did you know that the ancient Greek philosopher and dramatist, Aeschylus (525~65 BC) was killed by a falling turtle?  He was bald, and
a vulture, trying to crack the turtle shell so as to get to the insides, mistook his head for a rock and dropped the turtle on him.  No lie.  Watch out for falling turtles.

Posted: 04 June 2007 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-30

Did his head actually break the turtle or was the vulture’s accidental homicide a failure for everyone involved?

Posted: 05 June 2007 03:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-13

It didn’t say.

‹‹ Hola      Thank you ››