Hello
Posted: 19 February 2008 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-02-19

I have had prose published in The First Line, Crate, Halfway Down the Stairs, and Southern Hum, and one of my memoirs is to be included in The Remembrance Project at Howard University.  My poems have been published in Ginosko, Eskimo Pie, Urban Spaghetti, Blue Fifth Review, Heliotrope, Makar, Snakeskin, Her Circle, Creative Soup, The Orphan Leaf Review, the delinquent, Autumn Sky Poetry, Silent Actor, Avatar Review, Word Riot, Halfway Down the Stairs, Monkey Kettle, and 103: The Journal of the Image Warehouse.  I have been a featured poet at C/Oasis, am a previous recipient of the Paddock Poetry Award and presented poems from my series titled Conversations with the Virgin at the 2006 Rocky Mountain Modern Language Association Conference in Tucson, Arizona.
I currently teach photography and creative writing at the secondary level and am also a visual artist.  My mixed media canvases have been shown across Texas and in New York, and have appeared in Anti- and Creative Soup.  My work is showcased at the Image Warehouse in Athens, Texas.

Posted: 25 February 2008 12:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  635
Joined  2005-08-30

Invite your students!  I am happy to have teachers on board!  I expect to join your ranks some day.

I’ve wondered for a long time how students would do when they start evaluating each others’ work.  Note that you don’t get to see who wrote a piece until you’ve voted on it.  Well, unless you’re clever wink

Dave.

Posted: 25 February 2008 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-02-19

I will tell my students about this.  Some of them are excellent writers and it would be great for them to have a wide variety of feedback.  Thanks.  And thanks also for your attentive reading of my work.
Cheryl