Beneath the dreamers’ hearts
gorging themselves with love
and memories, a fragile seed
of fire always lies in wait,
that may consume our
melancholy soul, if we
just leave our homes…

Signature 

“Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.”
- Victor Hugo

Posted: 28 November 2006 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2006-07-26

I’ll just comment briefly.  This one paints a vivid picture, but I just didn’t understand it, it seemed to bypass me.  Perhaps it was pitched at a different wavelength for a different type of person.  That’s the thing about any art, of course, the impact depends on the audience having an analogous connection.  So far, though, I’ve connected with your work about 50% of the time and really appreciated it.  That’s a good percentage, considering that I’m not much of a poetry reader.

Posted: 29 November 2006 07:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2006-11-20

Thank you Iconoclast. 50% is not bad a percentage at all, and I take that for a compliment, considering that you are probably not much of a romantic person. I have noticed that women usually appreciate my poetry more than men, especially if they have some romantic taste. I don’t write a lot of the dark, haunted, suffering, agressive or very intellectual work that seems to appeal more to the men out there (from what I have read by you, I think that you might be the kind of reader that looks more for an intellectual challenge than for a picture/feeling immersion in poetry?  I could be wrong of course). I CAN’T usually write all that dark stuff, I’m not unhappy enough to do so lol. We all draw our urge to write from different places…in my case it’s mostly about music and from time to time a nature/season piece or something more sensual (no worries, I won’t post that stuff here, I think this is not the place for it he he he).

I really appreciate that you left feedback, thank you for that and for reading!

Signature 

“Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.”
- Victor Hugo

Posted: 29 November 2006 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2006-03-30

Most of us who read and write a lot of poetry, occasionally read or write something special. You seem to be able do that naturally, like it’s a not just a talent, but a gift. Perhaps it is your musical nature or lyrical soul. But it’s very rare and remarkable. When I write poems, they are usually an emotional expression of dismay about sorrowful things - Iraq and all its consequences. Or about anger - Bush and all his dumbness. But I haven’t the lyricism or can’t make the words bend and soar the way you do. I don’t feel bad about that, I’m glad that you can do that.

Posted: 30 November 2006 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2006-11-20

Thank you Stokeycat! I really appreciate, even if I think you exagerrate my prowesses a bit here lol (flattery will get you anywhere wink )

Signature 

- Victor Hugo

‹‹ speaking of "art"      Reflection ››