May 4th, 2008
Posted: 04 May 2008 11:02 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  240
Joined  2005-09-15

Ahem…. Oops…. we made it easier to win money for your work

Howdy all! This was a good week at Litmocracy. We got some feedback on functionality issues and made some changes to make the site more user friendly. Please, come check out the site, try the tutorial and noodle around. Find more problems so we can fix them. I want Dave to be cranky from fixing Litmocracy this week by Thursday instead of Friday! Come on. We can do it!

The goal is to make Litmocracy easy to use and engaging so we can change the publishing industry, all of us together. To that end, with the fixes in place, I’m extending the $25 new unpublished book contest, sponsored by 99 Burning, to Monday, May 12th. We have 3 entrants (which is good) but two of those had to be guided in.  Now that we’ve fixed some entrance bugs, we’d like to get a few more into the game.  Enter the contest and pay your fee before the end of May 12th, and if you win, you’ll get the $25 that normally goes to the best piece in the 99 Burning Lit category.

For other news, we’ve added an image function, we’re working the bugs out of, so you can upload your picture for your posts. If your image is too big or you’re having trouble, check out this helpful thread. (Thanks to XhMko and frauherbert for asking!) Any other ideas? Send them in. Post them in the Suggestion Box.

Mean time, my friend Dave Scotese, site founder, believes this: “In the beginning was choice…”

I agree. We’d like to get back to that. Long term we’re working on a radio show devoted to discussing choice over brute power, returning liberty to people and so on. I have myriad topics to discuss. I’d like more. Go to the 99 Burning Lit section and post your topic ideas. If this works out and we get on air, I’ll use the best I can find. Meantime, let’s check out some new posts!

Here’s the best so far of the new posts, leading the $25 contest for unpublished books:
A Good Day To Die

And here’s one I’ve gotten a kick out of: Illiterate Little Brats

Read, write, vote, enjoy…

Free your mind!

Posted: 05 May 2008 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-02-19

Thanks for fixing the picture thing!

Posted: 05 May 2008 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  240
Joined  2005-09-15

The more problems we know about, the more we can fix! Thanks for helping!

‹‹ April 27, 2008      May 11th ››